menu
slider

Club History

In 1946, the Kiwanis Club of Jacksonville Beaches was chartered as one of the 7,700 Kiwanis clubs found in 80 countries.  Our motto is "Serving the Children of the World," and our Beaches group has been working with the community and its children without fail since that time.

  • The Club was started by a local leader and school superintendent,  Ish Brandt. Mr. Brandt was instrumental in not only starting the Kiwanis Club, but as a dynamic local leader, he was instrumental in improving the community in many ways. One of our annual scholarships is awarded in his name.
  • Over the years, the Beaches Kiwanis Club has actually changed very little - since the beginning, members have consistently focused on helping not only the children but others in the community who are less fortunate. Indeed, one of the club's signature events, a full Thanksgiving dinner for the young-at-heart seniors, is still considered one of the prime events of each holiday season; two other groups, Fleet Landing and the law firm of Rod Schloth, partner with the club in this endeavor.
  • The club has been sponsoring a Key Club at Fletcher High School for over 30 years, and the club has sponsored K-Kids Clubs at both Finegan and Mayport Elementary Schools for nearly that long.
  • The club's history is rich with stories and tales of members and leaders quietly working along side other groups and clubs and schools to enrich the lives of our community members. It can be said without hesitation that the Kiwanis Club of Jacksonville Beaches continues to be a beaches community pillar of strength.